Saturday 18 September 2010

IN MY MIND...FIFA 11 demo v PES 2011 demo

Ooo.K so after waiting a combined 2hrs for the demos to download Fifa 11 was first. My first impressions were that I was in a very knowing and secure place, by that I mean its the same old Fifa that I'm used to. As I got playing though I became increasingly frustrated that I couldn't score or pass properly. Was it that I have lost my touch? or that it was on a mode too difficult for me? no, no that wasn't the case because after I read the in game instructions properly I realised that Fifa have basicly made it harder to string 4 or 5 passes together. this means if your not skilled on the controller then you gotta get ur practise in! sooooo i did and the last game I played was a 9-0 win over real Madrid.(i was obviously Barca.)

                      As for PES 2011 I was very excited to see that when the game loads a little green circle spins in the bottom corner!! It was brilliant and then the game started. the players walk out to something that sounds like a Japanese  rock band from the early 90's. I was however very impressed with the passing it was so easy to pass the ball around the whole team and practically walk it into the goal. the actual game play however was very jittery, nowhere near as fluid as Fifa just running with the ball looked so awkward for the players, not a good thing. The thing that worries me most about PES 2011 is that people have been telling me that this year,.....this year Konami have finally made the game they have been trying to make for years. how bad were the other pro evo's???

                    Obviously for both games the demos will have bits that won't make the final cut but for now IN MY MIND the winner is FIFA 11. Unless that is there is some way of mixing both of the games best bits and creating a super game called FIFA EVOLUTION...............11.

4 comments:

  1. oh Ricky B! You're my favourite blogger ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new Gray Truscott everyone...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet Jesus. Remember when it was just me?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some interesting points to consider there young Ricky.

    When I downloaded the demo for FIFA I played on world Class mode (or whatever is highest) and had no difficulty moving the ball around. Was able to pass it freely. Through balls have never been as good as on FIFA 07 (my favourite FIFA .... plus I raped people with the through balls...including you)

    I guess the thing to remember is that both games are really for different gamers. I retired from playing people although had the odd match, to me the challenge was to unlock legendary mode, and in that mode take a team like Bournemouth to the Champions League Final and beat Barca. To play the different leagues in difficult countries in one career mode so that I can track development of players that I have coached or had an eye on and move them to different clubs.

    I know I am biased against ProEvo so have refrained from making any negative remarks about the game as in the ideal world i would own both, but I like to sit at home, grow my half star club to a five star utilising evolving academies and scouring the transfer markets

    ReplyDelete